Precautions on Using the LM Guide
(1) This product consists mostly of heavy items (20 kg or more). When moving heavy items, use 2
or more people or moving equipment. This could cause injury or product damage.
(2) Do not disassemble the parts. This will cause dust to enter the product resulting in loss of functionality.
(3) Tilting an LM block or LM rail may cause them to fall by their own weight.
(4) Take care not to drop or strike the LM guide. This could cause injury or product damage. Giving
an impact to it could also cause damage to its function even if the product looks intact.
(5) Prevent foreign material, such as dust or cutting chips, from entering the system. This could
cause damage to ball circulation components and loss of functionality.
(6) When planning to use the LM system in an environment where the coolant penetrates the LM
block, it may cause trouble to product functions depending on the type of the coolant. Contact
THK for details.
(7) Do not use the product at temperature of 80 or higher. Contact THK if you desire to use the
product at a temperature of 80 or higher.
(8) If foreign material such as dust or cutting chips adheres to the product, replenish the lubricant
after cleaning the product with pure white kerosene. For available types of detergent, contact
(9) If an LM guide will be in an inverted orientation, take preventive measures such as adding a
safety mechanism to prevent falls. If the end plate is damaged due to an accident, etc., balls
may fall out of the guide or the LM block become detached from the LM rail and fall down.
(10) When using the product in locations exposed to constant vibrations or in special environments
such as clean rooms, vacuum and low/high temperature, contact THK in advance.
(11) When removing the LM block from the LM rail and then replacing the block, an LM block mounting/
removing jig that facilitates such installation is available. Contact THK for details.
(1) Thoroughly remove anti-rust oil and feed lubricant before using the product.
(2) Do not mix lubricants of different physical properties.
(3) In locations exposed to constant vibrations or in special environments such as clean rooms, vacuum
and low/high temperature, normal lubricants may not be used. Contact THK for details.
(4) When planning to use a special lubricant, contact THK before using it.
(5) When adopting oil lubrication, the lubricant may not be distributed throughout the LM system
depending on the mounting orientation of the system. Contact THK for details.
(6) Lubrication interval varies according to the conditions. Contact THK for details.
When storing the LM Guide, enclose it in a package designated by THK and store it in a horizontal
orientation while avoiding high temperature, low temperature and high humidity.